* 2 skinless chicken breast halves, diced in 1 inch cubes
* cooking spray
* 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dries basil
* kosher salt and fresh pepper
* 8 oz spaghetti (high fiber or low carb) I used Ronzoni Smart Taste
* 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
* 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
* 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
* 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add chicken. Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn). Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes. When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well. Serve and top with good grated cheese.
Tips & Mods
- I was out of dried oregano, and basil for that matter, but I DID have Italian seasoning (which has both of those as ingredients, along with some other herbs). So, I just seasoned the chicken with the Italian seasoning and salt.
- As you can see from the pics, I also added one chopped zucchini to the dish. I just thought it would add some color and another healthy veg couldn't hurt.
-I again used whole grain pasta
- Make sure to use a GOOD grated parmesian or romano cheese. NOT the powder kind ppl put on pizza, etc. haha